Back to Blog
Best Halloween Cocktail Ideas
It’s October and you know what that means: Halloween is just around the corner! Many people obsess about finding the perfect costume. But if you’re throwing an awesome Halloween bash, you’ve got to have the right adult beverages for the occasion. We know a little something about that. Check out our five favorite Halloween cocktails!
Every party should have its own signature drink. A great cocktail can truly make or break an event. Here’s a list of some drink recipes to get you started. Get your pens and notepads ready. These drinks are to die for!
1. Pomegranate and Tequila Cocktail: This cocktail is a margarita with a twist. All you need is pomegranate syrup, silver tequila and fresh lime juice. These margaritas are scary good!
Black lava salt (see note) or kosher salt
1 1/2 cups silver tequila
1 1/2 cups fresh lime juice
1 cup pomegranate syrup (see note)
24 dashes of orange bitters
Spread salt in a shallow dish. Run a lime wedge around the rims of chilled cocktail glasses, and then dip the rims in the salt to coat.
In an ice-filled pitcher, combine the tequila, lime juice, pomegranate syrup and bitters. Stir well. Strain into the cocktail glasses.
Note: Black lava salt is available online. To make pomegranate syrup, whisk together 3/4 cup unsweetened pomegranate juice with 3/4 cup sugar until the sugar is dissolved; you should have 1 1/2 cups.
2. Dark and Stormy: This drink has a haunting past. According to a Gosling’s Rum tale, it was created more than 100 years ago by members of Bermuda’s Royal Naval Officer’s Club. On a creative whim, they decided to add a splash of local rum to their favorite spicy homemade ginger beer. The result was an ominous hue, that they described as “the color of a cloud only a fool or a dead man would sail under.”
2 ounces dark rum, preferably Gosling's
1/2 ounce fresh lime juice (optional)
1 candied ginger slice
3 ounces chilled ginger beer
1 lime wheel
Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add the rum and lime juice and shake well. Strain into an ice-filled Collins glass. Stir in the ginger beer. Skewer the ginger slice and lime wheel and garnish the cocktail.
3. Bloody Orange Cocktail: These colorful cocktails are sick! And we mean that in a good way. The raspberry filled syringes are an extra special touch. Yield: 4 cocktails
4 ounces vodka
2 ounces Licor43®
8 ounces Orangina or 1:3 orange juice to club soda
3 ounces raspberry syrup (recipe follows)
Plastic syringes (available at party stores)
Puree 2 cups of fresh raspberries in a food processor. Press the puree through a fine mesh strainer to extract the pulp, and then discard the seeds.
Place the puree in a small saucepan with 1/4 cup of sugar. Heat over medium-low heat, stirring frequently until thick and dark (about 10 minutes) and let cool.
Fill each syringe with .75 ounces of raspberry syrup and set aside
Add vodka and Licor43 to a shaker with ice, shake until very cold (about 20 seconds). Add Orangina and stir. Pour into iced glasses and place filled syringes in drinks.
Add an orange wedge to the side of each glass and serve.
4. Smokin’ Skull Shots: Dry ice gives this signature drink a spooky effect, while the bourbon evokes a smoky flavor. Serve in a shot glass, but allow the dry ice to dissolve before drinking.
1 ounce bourbon
1/2 ounce lime juice
1/4 ounce grenadine
Splash of Mountain Dew®
Dry ice chips, for presentation (optional) Note: Always observe dry ice safety measures: Never touch dry ice with bare skin and do not swallow.
Pour bourbon, lime juice and grenadine into a shaker over ice.
Shake well and strain into shot glass.
Drop dry ice chips into shot glass and top with Mountain Dew.
Note: Dry ice chips will sink to the bottom of the shot glass. Do not swallow them, wait till dry ice has evaporated to consume the drink.
5. Black Magic Cocktail: This bewitching cocktail is sure to mesmerize your guests. Cast a spell over them when they delight in this delicious blend of orange, triple sec and black vodka.
1/4 cup ice
1/2 cup orange juice
1 1/2 ounces black vodka
1/2 ounce triple sec
Orange wedge, for garnish
In a cocktail shaker, add orange juice and triple sec over ice. Shake well, and strain into a glass.
Using the back of a spoon, pour black vodka slowly into a glass so that the vodka sits atop the orange juice and triple sec mix.
Carefully dip one edge of the orange wedge into the vodka for a spooky presentation, and sit the wedge on the rim of the glass.
Halloween at Keller’s®
If you don’t feel like planning your own Halloween bash, feel free to stop at our house restaurant, Keller's®. We offer upscale luxury with down-home comforts. We take great pride in our drinks. From our refreshing assortment of specialty drinks to our selection of freshly made original fare, we truly offer something for everyone. We’ll definitely be getting in on the ghoulish fun. 21+ guests can enjoy craft beers, artisanal cocktails, wines or, of course, a spooky inspired cocktail.
Halloween will be here before you know it. Come visit us in your best costume and enjoy your favorite cocktail. It’s going to be a spooktacular time. Happy Halloween!