Back to Blog
Unknown Facts about Kenny & Dolly
Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton are two multi-millionaire acts that are recognized around the world. Both are well-known and loved in their own rights, but they were also popular together with their duets during the 1980s. Songs like “Islands in the Stream” took them to even greater success as their charisma onstage made every performance unforgettable. While these two artists have spent decades in the public eye, there may be some interesting facts that fans aren’t aware of.
Facts about Dolly
Dolly is well-known for her down-home style, her heartfelt songs and her bubbly personality. Along with her amazing career as a singer and songwriter, she has also been an actress in many roles on television. However, even devoted fans may learn a few new things about this country music legend.
• She recorded her first album, Puppy Love, when she was 13 years old.
• Dolly is the fourth of twelve children born to a tobacco farmer.
• Dolly has been married to Carl Dean for almost 50 years, and he owns an asphalt business.
• Elvis wanted to record “I Will Always Love You”, but Dolly turned him down because he requested half of the rights.
• Dolly is Miley Cyrus’ godmother.
• She once lost a Halloween Dolly look-alike contest. What’s even more surprising is that the winner was a man.
• Dolly has written over 5000 songs and several books, including two children’s books.
Facts about Kenny
Kenny Rogers has had more than two dozen hits and over 120 million records sold in his career so far. He’s also an accomplished actor with more than 20 roles to his credit, as well as an exceptional photographer with several books showcasing his work. Even with all that, there are some things you may not know about this country music star.
• Kenny started out in a jazz band as a bassist. The group was known as The Bobby Dole Trio.
• He went from jazz to rock with The First Edition as the lead singer. It later adopted the name Kenny Rogers and The First Edition.
• Kenny discovered Shiloh, a band with Don Henley before he became part of the hit group, the Eagles.
• He played pro-tennis for several years. In fact, he practiced eight hours a day and was good at doubles.
• Kenny developed an interior design firm in Atlanta called the Kenji Design Studio. The company even designed parts of the Trump Towers Atlanta.
• Kenny is also a fan of the look-alike tribute site, MenWhoLookLikeKennyRogers.com.
• Kenny formed his first band called the Scholars while he was still in high school.
• The hit song, “The Gambler” became a television movie with Kenny in the lead role. It went on to achieve incredible fame with four follow-ups and more than 100 million viewers.
• Kenny was the oldest male performer to have a number one hit on the charts at age 66.
You can enjoy the sounds of Kenny and Dolly with an amazing tribute duo at Isle® Casino Cape Girardeau. The show is scheduled for March 11th at 6:00 pm and 8:00 pm. Doors open at 5:00 pm and admission is just $15. You can purchase tickets at the gift shop or online and pick them up at Will Call.
After the show, you’ll want to stay for the encore drawing where you could be one of 10 lucky winners to win $100. Bonus! Guests will receive an additional 10 entries for just attending the show- just show your ticket to the Fan Club®! You’ll get to hear some of your favorite songs from the award-winning artists performed by this tribute act. To learn more or to purchase tickets, you can visit the website.